Introductions

My name is Chris, and I'm a Fat Guy. It wasn't something I planned, or enjoy. The only benefit I've found to being as large as a Third Stage Guild Navigator is that I'm less likely to blow away in a storm, and in an emergancy I can throw myself against doors and they always open. Walls too, sometimes.

But, even though this world is designed for skinny little people, and even though I work every day to lose weight despite a variety of factors, I still have a right to exist in relative comfort. I may be able to lose the combined weight of my wife and kids and still be a bit chunky, but I also have something to say. And a lot of that is what I've learned being a ginormous person in a world made by people who don't even understand how you can chafe just standing still. And here is where I'll share.

If you're just interested in something random and potentially witty, I have a place for that too.


If you'd like me to review your product or service, just drop me an email and I'll take a look. I can't promise I'll do it, or that I'll like it, but I'll do my best. And I'll be disclosing whenever a review has been suggested, endorsed, or otherwise influenced.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Starting on Nutrisystem

So I thought I'd give NutriSystem a try.  I ordered the food.  I opened the food.  I ate the food. 

So after a week, here are my thoughts.

The food really isn't all that good, unless you've spent the last 20 years in a Hungarian prison.  It certainly doesn't look like the packages, which I guess I should have guessed.  But some of the things, like the nacho chips and the beef tips, are practically inedible.  And they give me some utterly foul winds, if you know what I mean.

But before Marie Osmond throws me out of her 1977 fan club, let me say that it does have an upside.  After eating that bland, horrible stuff, any real food just tastes like a slice of heaven.  I haven't eaten so much salad - and enjoyed it - in a long time.  It even helps at restaurants.  We ate out at PF Chang, and I actually did pretty well.  I ordered mushrooms and spicey string beans and a salad.  Normally I order the General Fatty's Fried Lard.  But even though I ordered the polar opposite, it was delicious. 

Because the alternative was soooo bad...

3 comments:

  1. It certainly doesn't look like the packages, which I guess I should have guessed.
    Office Chairs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty nasty. I eat just about anything, as my size demonstrates; however, most of the NS stuff is too gross for me.

    ReplyDelete